Road Ragin'
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Squeeze

Go down

The Squeeze Empty The Squeeze

Post  Soundude Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:41 pm

In California it is legal for motorcycles to ride between cars, given the compliance to certain restrictions. At one intersection that has lanes that are quiet wide, a driver in a Cadillac Coupe (the sporty one) jumped sharply toward the line just as I reached his car. I was doing about 15 mph so couldn't really stop before reaching the narrowest point. I shifted left and clipped his mirror with the glove on my right hand which I typically have wrapped around the bar end weight. I wasn't hurting so I stopped, gave him a look, and went the remaing 3 car lengths to the front.

When the light changed the Caddy driver rapidly moved through traffic and was trying to catch up to me. He then tried to run me off the road. I quickly made a U turn, a right turn, a U turn, and a Left turn, hoping to lose him at a traffic light. The red lights did not stop him. I eventually stopped to let this guy confront me (it helps to wear armor). He yelled at me for scraping his car. I yelled at him for intentionally crowding the line. He yelled at me for splitting lanes. I explained loudly that it was pefectly legal. He said my handlebars scraped his mirror and I said it was my gloves and there was no scrape. There wasn't. I shut my helmet and waited for this guy to make the next move. Luckily it just involved more shouting and name calling. He took off down the road at a high rate of speed. I passed him 1/2 a mile later connected to a Hum-Vee.

Soundude

Back to top Go down

The Squeeze Empty Re: The Squeeze

Post  mr2ocuse Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:49 pm

Nice post... Hope he didn't hurt the humvee, and glad he just wanted to mince words. Be careful on your bike, jerks like that are everywhere.

mr2ocuse

Back to top Go down

The Squeeze Empty sucka

Post  hitter Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:55 pm

Puhleez! You hit a guys car (YOU HIT A GUYS CAR), you were not riding safely if you allowed this to happen. You did not forsee or anticipate what traffic might do. If I see some jerk rider hit my car, and give me a look and ride off, he's dead. You're lucky he was respectful of you, you deserve much worse. I'd road rage your ass into a ditch.

hitter

Back to top Go down

The Squeeze Empty Re: The Squeeze

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum